One of my never miss podcasts, Down Range Radio, was delayed this week due to pressures from the network and a requirement that the podcast be vetted before being released.
It has been and was deemed to be “brilliant” and I couldn’t agree more.
It this week’s episode Michael Bane laments the fact that we can’t just mourn for the families in the Newton, CT and addressed many of the hard questions the gun culture, people who value their own protection and those that cherish the freedoms our Bill of Rights guarantee will have to answer.
Why do we need military derived weapons? All weapons are military derived! Semi-auto weapons have been available since WWI and there is no difference in an AR15 and any other semi-auto weapon and it has been the bestselling weapon for the last decade.
Why do we need larger capacity weapons? Every single firearm was designed to be reloaded easily. A large magazine is a benefit for someone using it defensively, because they don’t get to define the terms of the fight. An aggressor can choice to carry additional guns, increase the distance, and if no on is fighting back… you can load them very slowly and still do devastating damage. Even a double barreled shotgun was designed to be reloaded quickly under fire… spree shooters in gun free zones are not under fire.
Why can’t we just register all of the guns? Even in Canada the compliance was 20% in the urban provinces and less than 5% in the west.
He also read from a power Instapundant post asking politicians, protected by armed guards and have their own concealed carry permits (Diane Feinstein) that want to exploit the murders in Newtown, CT a number of questions including…
- Why do people that call who favor gun control call people who disagree with them murders and accomplices to murder?
- Would any of the proposals being put forth have actually prevented the tragedy that is the supposed as the reason for them?
- When you say that you hope this event will finally change the debate, do you really mean that you hope that we can use emotionalism and blood libel bullying to finally get your way?
- Do you know the difference between automatic and semi-auto weapons? Do your public statements reflect that difference?
- When you say “We” need to change, how do are you planning on changing, does your change actually involve any sacrifice on your part?
Share the link to Michael’s podcast because it is great guide on how to address the issues we will undoubtedly face.
Then take 5 minutes and call your local, state and federal representatives and let them know that you do not support any additional gun control and that you have no complicity in the actions of a crazy person, but that you do support…
- Eliminating gun-free zones and allow legal CCW in schools, including teachers.
- Placing a sworn armed resource officer in every school
- Improving the mental health system to help those that need it like this mother…
I am Adam Lanza’s Mother