I may think about guns and gear more than anyone I know. I also try to be very pragmatic as I don’t really think of myself as a collector. If a gun or a piece of gear isn’t used for something, I don’t really have any use for it and would just assume sell it.
With holsters I have found what I believe to be the “perfect options”
- The MTAC is perfect in my opinion for a hybrid IWB holster. Still I have found 1 guy that can break the clips… I think he wears it at 2:45.
- The Blade Tech Nano is great for appendix carry. With the Appendix holster being a close second if you have belt loop issues.
But for guns… none of them seem quite right.
- The Glock 19 might be the closest for me… but the reset is a little long, the stock sights suck, and the mags fall out a little slowly.
- The S&W M&P is the wrong size, the trigger is mush, the grip shape makes me grab it too low.
- The Shield has a safety and I’d prefer it to be a polymer 3913.
- The old 3913 is a great size but it has a safety and it moves the wrong way.
- The XD’s have a bunch of “safety theater” stuff that is more marketing and function that I can’t look past.
- Kel-tec has some decent ideas… but Ruger hasn’t gotten around to making those yet.
- No one makes the 9mm revolver I want any more
- There is no reason that J-frame size revolvers aren’t 6 shot yet
- The 10-22 might be the closest rifle if you’re right-handed… still I spent another grand on my for a new stock, barrel, trigger, buffer and optic.
- I know of few AR’s that are un-modified.
- The 16″ Remington 700 in 308 was close, but I’d like detachable mag and then there is the whole recall thing
- The Ruger Gunsite scout didn’t use a common mag.
- The Mossberg MVP is a great concept… but I’d want it in 308.
- There is no short, 12 or 20 ga semi auto that looks like a field gun… I don’t want to look like “Tactical Tommy”
- Furthermore 3 gun has figured out how to make a shotgun easy to load and operate… Why isn’t that the standard now?
This isn’t really a post or an article… It’s more a rant.
Is there a gun that is perfect for you? One that you wouldn’t change anything on? (I’ll allow adding optics/changing sights)